DNS changes unexpectedly.

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Tue May 2 19:35:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, David W. Hankins wrote:

|->On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 05:06:32PM -0700, Keith Woodworth wrote:
|->> Why would just the DNS change and not the IP too? It seems odd that just
|->> the DNS Ip would change and not the IP of their machine too.
|->
|->Do the clients emit a DHCPINFORM just before the change?

Ive tried to correlate dhcp log events with this but I have not been able
to as of yet. Would the client send an INFORM before the change takes
place? I see lots of informs in the logs, but theyve always been there
and Ive pretty much always ignored them.

Thanks,
Keith