Two active leases for client bug?

Darko Bezjak darko.bezjak at siol.net
Sun Mar 26 09:46:01 UTC 2006

Thanks very much Simon! I have solved problem with your configuration and
now I have in log file:

Mar 24 13:30:02 dhcpprimary dhcpd: DENY-RAS-SERVER
Mar 24 13:30:02 dhcpprimary dhcpd: class=PUBLIC
Mar 24 13:30:02 dhcpprimary dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:0d:60:fe:6d:af via
10.106.0.1: booting disallowed

I have just one question. Way dhcp server kips all clients leases in lease
file although when is lease inactive. Client has been move from one class to
other class but lease for client has stay in lease file forever!?

lease 10.108.253.241 {
  starts 1 2005/11/28 14:17:23;
  ends 2 2005/11/29 10:37:50;
  tstp 2 2005/11/29 10:37:50;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet 00:12:f4:00:05:c1;
  uid "\001\000\022\364\000\005\301";
}
lease 10.102.248.230 {
  starts 3 2005/11/23 11:36:15;
  ends 4 2005/11/24 11:36:15;
  tstp 4 2005/11/24 11:36:15;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet 00:12:f4:00:05:c1;
  uid "\001\000\022\364\000\005\301";
}
lease 10.104.255.234 {
  starts 5 2006/03/24 03:01:53;
  ends 6 2006/03/25 03:01:53;
  tstp 6 2006/03/25 03:01:53;
  binding state active;
  next binding state free;
  hardware ethernet 00:12:f4:00:05:c1;
  uid "\001\000\022\364\000\005\301";
  option agent.circuit-id "GigabitEthernet 12/0.10661009:1009"; }

Kind regards, Darko.