Which Options have Which Numbers?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Mar 23 17:05:14 UTC 2006

	This is a rather novice question from someone who has been
using dhcp for ten years, but I haven't found what I am looking for
yet so here is my question.

	Is there a list, somewhere, that gives all the numerical dhcp
options and their corresponding names that we would use in dhcpd.conf?

	When talking to others who are setting up relay agents, etc, I
may hear a statement like:

"Can dhcp do Option 67?"

	Obviously, if they also say that this has to do with sending
out the addresses of WINS servers or a tftp server, I can say yes.  If
it is some number I have never heard of or they are just quoting
something they read, it gets a little harder to give an honest answer.

	If this list is in the dhcpd documentation, I have missed it.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer