DHCP support for Infiniband

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Mar 16 18:07:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 06:45:53PM +0200, Eli Cohen wrote:
> > a 16 bit field, there are only 65536 possible values, and worse, some
> > implementations may fill xid with pseudo-static information (ISC DHCP

Hm, not enough caffeine this morning.  Xid in ISC DHCP is always from
random(), it's the ICMP sequence number I was thinking of was set from
a hash of the pointer of a chunk of memory it was using.

> Thanks for your response.

Good luck with Infiniband.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."