XP clients sometimes ignore DHCPOFFERs

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Mar 16 15:01:16 UTC 2006

--On 15. März 2006 21:14:13 +0000 "David W. Hankins"
<David_Hankins at isc.org> wrote:
> We have several XP SP2 boxes here at ISC and have never witnessed this.

On the one hand that's good to know, on the other hand it is surprising. I
have no idea what could be special about our setup.

> If it's not taking one of the OFFERs, I don't know that there's a lot we
> can do.

That's what I thought. But then I'm no expert and there might be arcane
aspects of DHCP that could explain what we're seeing.

>> We have pcap files of the sniffed sessions if that would help. I'd be
>> grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Fire them at dhcp-bugs at isc.org as a regular attachment (if they're not
> huge).  I'm a bit stretched this week and next but I might have a moment
> to peek.

Thanks for the offer. I will send the files in a separate mail.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK