"peer holds all free leases" message

Nick Garfield Nicholas.Garfield at cern.ch
Tue Mar 14 11:08:12 UTC 2006

All,

Simon is absolutely correct.  Timinig is essential in this application.
Additionally, and unfortunately, as the max/min/default lease times are
reduced the problem you are seeing progressively gets worse.   If you
have a very dynamic network (say lease time 30 minutes) you should
verify that the DHCP failover-protocol is stable enough to give your
network the added redundancy you are looking for.
I saw you are using MCLT ~1 hour.  What is your default lease time?
Have you monitored the load on the two servers in normal
operation/degraded operation?

Nick Garfield
CERN
Geneva