"peer holds all free leases" message

John Donne piraetorian at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 07:10:00 UTC 2006

Well you're not alone Kirsten, I have the same issues in my environment.
Seemingly randomly, one server starts producing the message and if not
restarted the failover peer will begin producing the message as well around
20 minutes later.  Once both are issuing the message (despite neither
actually being out of IPs) then it requires a restart of both and then wait
up to 15 minutes for it to rectify itself.  I have a number of shared
networks with a number of subnets in each but when this happens it seems to
only affect a single shared network although next time it occurs will
randomly affect another.  Most frustrating.