Diff client IDs -> multiple leases

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Mar 13 16:55:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:13:18AM -0600, Jesse Saletan wrote:
> I am trying to get Didi's single-lease-dhcp patch to work so that multiboot
> systems will only use a single lease.  I know it's working for other people,
> so I'm probably doing something wrong.  I'll post some details of my
> configuration below.  If this is out of place here let me know and I'll
> continue this thread privately.

Clients remember their leases.  Ignoring the client-id still gets a
match when the two clients REQUEST their old leases (in INIT-REBOOT
state).

Even expiring the leases won't work - if the client requests it, we'll
pull a lease out of an allocable-state to give to them.

Time, waiting for the clients to forget their leases and return to INIT
state, or having the clients specifically release one or both of their
leases, should work.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."