omshell/OMAPI question

Joseph W. Breu breu at cfu.net
Fri Jul 7 19:53:48 UTC 2006

Quoting "David W. Hankins" <David_Hankins at isc.org>:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:33:27AM -0500, Joseph W. Breu wrote:
>> I am attempting to use omshell/OMAPI to add lease definitions for
>> cable modems on my network.  I need to set several options and a
>> bootfile - but can find no way to do this in omshell.
>>
>> I cannot find any documentation on how to configure time-servers,
>> docsis-security, time-offset, and filename with omshell.
>
> 	set statements = "option foo 5; option bar \"six\";"
>
> Note that for obscure reasons re-setting statements is not supported
> (you can't change the statements on an existing host entry).
>
> The workaround for this is to delete and re-add the host statement.
>
> Note also that you can't use OMAPI to update a static ("dhcpd.conf")
> host entry.  You can use OMAPI to update a dyanmic ("dhcpd.leases")
> host entry (which you generally create using OMAPI).

That is what I was looking for.  It is our intention to move the cable
modems out of the dhcpd.conf file and into the dhcpd.leases file as a
dynamic omapi configured lease.

It has been a while since I touched failover, but will the omapi
statement have to be run on both peers or will it replicate through
the failover protocol?

Thanks,