omshell and dhclient?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Jul 6 22:09:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 08:17:48AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I get the general impression that omshell can be used with dhclient, but I
> can't see any mention of how to enable something to listen for omshell in
> dhclient.
>
> Anyone got any hints?

I know it's possible but I've never done it.

The reason I know it's possible is because there's a great deal of
stuff I've read here and there about how to put dhclient to sleep
when your laptop goes to sleep, and how to wake it back up again
when your laptop wakes back up again.

Have you had any luck just duplicating the server config stanza?

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."