Failover stability?

John Abbott abbottj at stgeorge.com.au
Wed Jul 5 23:48:44 UTC 2006

I am the same using failover/load balance with 7500 desktops and 400
phones today but expecting the phones to grow in line with dekstop
numbers, there are the occaisional issues but its saves us many times
more than it troubles us.
>>> Glenn Satchell <Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au> 07/05/06 8:33 PM >>>

>Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:05:13 -0400
>From: "Keith Lawson" <Keith.Lawson at sjhc.london.on.ca>
>To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
>Subject: Failover stability?
>
>Hello,
>
>I'm just wondering what the state is of master/slave peer failover. Is
>failover stable enough to be used in a production environment now?
>
>I've been testing using 3.0.4 one one subnet  and I'm running into a
>scenario where the master load balances a request to the slave. The
>slave then ignores the request and logs a "peer holds all free leases"
>message. I've been reading through the mailing list archives and
>indications are that these problems are supposed to be resolved in
3.0.4
>but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've been running failover for over 5 years (since 3.0.1rc6) on a site
with 3500 PCs and 4500 IP phones, so I think it's perfectly
satisfactory for production use.

regards,
-glenn

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
AFSL 240902,  St George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited
AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.