DHCPINFORM via a relay agent

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Aug 21 14:58:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 02:24:19PM +0900, Kan Sasaki wrote:
> Is it wrong to send the DHCPACK reply to ciaddr instead of giaddr
> whether the DHCPINFORM has giaddr?

No, responding directly to ciaddr even when giaddr is set is correct
("SHOULD") behaviour.

ISC DHCP has errantly been written to behave incorrectly in order
to 'better' handle clients that do supply zero ciaddr's.

We'll fix this in a future release.  I don't know if it will appear
in 3.0.5.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.