Static Allocation Not Working

Aaron Thompson athompson at mac.com
Tue Aug 15 21:48:25 UTC 2006

Hey All,
Sort of an easy issue I’m sure but I’m getting annoyed and could use
the help. I searched the archives and this must have been covered but
I couldn’t find it.

Working on Static Allocations for a couple of machines on several
subnets. I’m running DHCP Server V3.0.1 in a failover setup.

In the dhcpd.master file on each server here’s the config the isn’t
working: (I've tried a couple of slightly different version of this
as well..no go)

  }
}
subnet 10.4.130.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
   option broadcast-address 10.4.130.255;
   option routers 10.4.130.1;
         pool {
         failover peer "dhcp-failover";
         deny dynamic bootp clients;
         range 10.4.130.30 10.4.130.254;
   }
host test1.domain.net {
   fixed-address 10.4.130.29;
   hardware ethernet 00:0a:82:d3:49:22;
}
host test2.domain.net {
   fixed-address 10.4.130.28;
   hardware ethernet 00:34:3f:13:4f:eb;
   }
}

I’ve stopped the service and deleted all the leases for each MAC
address and restarted the service but the machines keep on grabbing
an address from the pool. I’m not getting any info from the log’s
that I can find, Do I need to add an option statement in the
dhcpd.lease file?

What easy thing I’m I missing?

Aaron
-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature