WinXP discover offer request ack loop

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Fri Apr 21 15:20:48 UTC 2006

Hi all,

This has probably been brought up in the past, but I couldn't find anything
on the mailing lists or on the net about it.  We have been noticing some of
our XP clients looping through the discover offer request ack process
rapidly, for a period of about 10 minutes, before the client accepts the
address offered.  I have tried turning off all non essential options in the
network control panel for the client, such as 802.1x and QOS, with no change
in behavior.

Has anyone else run into this, and is there a cure?

Thanks!

Alex Moen
NDTC