Support for clang atomic and gcc __sync builtins

Sharada N Allimatti sallimat at in.ibm.com
Wed Jan 31 18:14:47 UTC 2024

Hi ,
We use ISC BIND for our IBM AIX, we build open source bind with AIX xlc compiler to make it work on AIX.
AIX xlc compiler supports gcc  ​__sync builtin functions. Currently bind-9.16 is used on AIX, now we are planning to move bind from bind 9.16 to 9.18 but we see in 9.18, the support for clang atomic builtins and for gcc __sync builtins are removed .
https://github.com/isc-projects/bind9/commit/54c389dbc0fa2cfb09e5125dd4ef91ed9a100e74

We would like to know why only the _atomic builtins for GCC >=4 are supported from bind 9.18 onwards.

Thank you,
Sharada