[Windows] [9.16.45] Missing IPv4 DNS prevents tools from working

Gentry Deng me at gend.moe
Mon Jan 8 17:41:46 UTC 2024

Hello there,

Due to an accident my local network is missing IPv4 DNS but has IPv6 DNS
so it has little impact on accessing the internet.

But I found that neither `dig `nor `nslookup` worked, and reported an error:

```

C:\Program Files\ISC BIND 9\bin\dig.exe: parse of C:\Program Files\ISC
BIND 9\etc\resolv.conf failed

```

There is actually no "resolv.conf" there, they get the DNS from the
system and if IPv4 DNS is missing it will throw an error. Creating
"resolv.conf" manually also does not prevent the problem.

I noticed that version 9.16 is about to be EOL. I wonder if this BUG can
be fixed before EOL? After all, this is the only version of BIND 9 that
still supports the Windows platform.

Best regards,

Gentry