error: 'allow-update' is not allowed in 'slave' zone

Adrian Zaugg lists.isc.org at mailgurgler.com
Wed Feb 14 11:58:01 UTC 2024

Hi Mounika

If you connect to a secondary nameserver to accept dynamic zone updates you
have to configure on the secondary inside the slave zone section a statement:

                       allow-update-forwarding { dhcp-updates; };

 ...where "dhcp-updates" is an ACL (that could be named as you like) that
lists the ip of the host that your updates are coming from (probably your DHCP
server). It has to be defined in its own section:

                       acl dhcp-updates {
                          1.2.3.4/32;
                       };

Furthermore you need to make sure the primary accepts the forwarded dynamic
updates. You cannot have zone updates on a secondary.

Regards, Adrian.

In der Nachricht vom Wednesday, 14 February 2024 12:36:04 CET schrieb trgapp16
via bind-users: