error: 'allow-update' is not allowed in 'slave' zone

trgapp16 trgapp16 at cdot.in
Wed Feb 14 11:36:04 UTC 2024

Hello,

I configured Bind 9.18.12 as slave DDNS with dynamic updates from DHCP (ISC DHCP 4.4)
running on the same server (Ubuntu 22.04 server)

When I run "named-checkconf named.conf", I get the following error

"named.conf:2018: option 'allow-update' is not allowed in 'slave' zone 'zonename.com'"

Following is the named.conf file (part)

zone "zonename.com" {
type slave;
file "com/zonename/sec.zonename.com";
masters {
IP address;
};
allow-update {
key rndc-key;
};
allow-transfer {
IP address;
};
};

I am clueless what is going wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Mounika

### Please consider the environment and print this email only if necessary . Go Green
###
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer :
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result.