acl in also-nofify

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 8 23:11:55 UTC 2024

Hi both.
You can't do it using ACLs. But you can do it using primaries. This is
hinted at in the section about the primaries statement, but not clearly
expanded on.
For example:

# define a primaries list called "also-notifed" (or anything you like).
Define as many lists as you need.
primaries also-notified {a.b.c.d; e.f.g.h;};
zone "example.com {
   type primary;
   file "db.example.com";
# apply the primaries list (or lists) to the also-notify statement.
   also-notify {also-notified;};
};

I hope that helps.
Cheers, Greg