KSAP - How to manually rollover keys documentation?

Nick Tait nick at tait.net.nz
Fri Sep 29 22:01:37 UTC 2023

On 28/09/23 10:02, Eddie Rowe wrote:
> I am using the nifty feature of the KASP in 9.16.23, but I cannot seem
> to locate documentation on how to manually rollover keys in case this
> is needed in the future. The documentation is excellent as far as
> discussing the steps involved for the manual or semi-automatic but I
> am not seeing the steps and tools you would use to rollover manually
> when using the KASP feature.  Am I overlooking another document or KB
> article on this topic?

Hi Eddie.

I wonder if the information you're looking for is here:
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/latest/chapter5.html#key-rollover

Specifically the following sentence:

    /To roll a key sooner than scheduled, or to roll a key that has an
    unlimited lifetime, use: /|rndc dnssec -rollover -key 12345
    dnssec.example.|
    <https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manpages.html#cmdoption-rndc-arg-dnssec>/./

Nick.