Change in zone file formatting after enabling allow-update (lot´s of $ORIGIN)

Guilherme Torres guilhermemtorres at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 14:18:22 UTC 2023

Hello!

I´m using Bind 9.11 .

I´m automating my dns server with ansible (nsupdate module). To do this I
enabled the configuration directive allow-update. After the first automated
name change, my zone file was unformatted. I lost the comments and more
than 500 occurrences of the ORIGIN parameter were inserted.

In short, the automation worked, but the zone file was more difficult for
humans to understand.

Is there any way to keep the original zone file (without $ORIGIN parameter
and with comments) in this case?

Thanks.