9.18 BIND not iterated over all authoritative nameservers

Paul Stead paul.stead at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 15:50:12 UTC 2023

As a previous ISP admin I too have come across similar situations and
frustrations.

I can only say that Google and Cloudflare seem to follow Postel's Law
moreso than BIND.

I agree this perpetuates bad practices but end users aren't interested in
technical reasoning, especially when "it works everywhere else, you must be
broken"

Paul