bind9 service problem with BIND 9.10.3

Mosharaf Hossain mosharaf.hossain at bol-online.com
Sat Oct 14 11:19:08 UTC 2023

Hi All
Lately, we've been encountering an intriguing issue with our Auth+Recursive
DNS server, characterized by relatively low traffic. Normally, our DNS
server handles around 3 Mbps/second of traffic. However, at certain
moments, when the load peaks at 4-5 Mbps, the DNS resolver's responsiveness
falters.

To my understanding, this occurrence may be indicative of an ongoing DDoS
attack during these periods. Nevertheless, I'm puzzled as to why the server
seems to get stuck at 4-5 Mbps, considering that the LAN capacity is a
substantial 1 Gbps.

I seek your guidance to address and resolve this recurrent issue.

Currnet BIND9 version : .10.3-P4-Ubuntu <id:ebd72b3>

Fig: Showing the suspicious traffic and during this time recursion unable
to respond.
[image: image.png]

Regards
Mosharaf Hossain
Manager, Product Development
IT Division

Bangladesh Export Import Company Ltd.

Level-8, SAM Tower, Plot #4, Road #22, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212,Bangladesh

Tel: +880 9609 000 999, +880 2 5881 5559, Ext: 14191, Fax: +880 2 9895757

Cell: +8801787680828, Email: mosharaf.hossain at bol-online.com, Web:
www.bol-online.com
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bol-online.com&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1557908951423000&usg=AFQjCNGMxIuHSHsD3qO6y5JddpEZ0S592A>