Problem with recursion for windows bind for Teamviewer

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:35:19 UTC 2023

Hi there.
Can you send some information, for those unfamiliar with what you're trying
to do?
- Full BIND config
- IP addresses of relevant things, like interfaces of the servers on which
you are running BIND and of Teamviewer.
- What does Teamviewer need from DNS? What kinds of queries is it making
and to where? A binary pcap would be very useful.
- Is this an AD environment? i.e. do you have Domain Controllers and other
such AD components?
- How are your Windows boxes configured to use DNS? What IP address(es) do
they get given and what are those addresses?

Diagnosing a problem is difficult if you only have snippets of information
to work from.

Cheers, Greg