DNS DevRoom at FOSDEM2024 - Call for Participation

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Thu Nov 16 10:36:13 UTC 2023

Hello DNS enthusiasts and other developers,

After four earlier successful and packed DNS devrooms, we are happy to
announce a half-day DNS devroom at FOSDEM 2024.

As with the previous events, we hope to host talks anywhere from
hardcore protocol stuff, to practical sessions for programmers that are
not directly involved with DNS but may have to deal with DNS in their
day to day coding or system administrators responsible for DNS
infrastructure.

We have been allotted a room on Saturday the 3rd of February 2024, the
second half of the day, starting around 13:00 (CET).

If you have something you’d like to share with your fellow developers,
please head to the submission page at https://fosdem.org/submit .

Examples of topics are measuring, monitoring, DNS libraries, anecdotes
on how you’ve (ab)used the DNS, and group discussions of upcoming
technologies.

For the upcoming technologies, we're looking for submissions on
Applications Doing DNS (ADD), SVCB/HTTPS records and applications
thereof, and stub-resolver configuration. Here’s the 2023 schedule, for
your inspiration: https://archive.fosdem.org/2023/schedule/track/dns/ .

We expect to schedule 30 minutes per talk, including questions, but if
you need more or less time, we can discuss this.

The deadline for submissions is December 8th 2023. Reach out to
dns-devroom-manager at fosdem.org if you run into any trouble.

this CfP lives online at
https://blog.powerdns.com/2023/11/16/fosdem-2024-dns-developer-room-call-for-participation
- any important changes will be posted at least there

See you there!

Cheers,

The FOSDEM 2024 DNS Devroom organizers