Can we enable serve-stale parameter in bind

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Nov 6 05:52:35 UTC 2023

This is a horrible reason to enable serve-stale. Serve stale is a bandaid. You should increase a resiliency of the architecture - have more nameservers for the domain, make the restarts seamless, etc.

Serve-stale was meant to deal with unexpected outages and not as a workaround for bad engineering in the first place.

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.