Question about Google domain with recursive resolver

J Doe general at nativemethods.com
Fri Nov 3 22:20:58 UTC 2023

Hello,

I have a basic recursive resolver configuration with Bind 9.18.19 that
acts as the resolver for some VPN roadwarrior clients (a mix of Apple
iOS and macOS clients).

Periodically I will see the following in my logs:

02-Nov-2023 15:06:27.658 resolver: info: loop detected resolving
'ns1.zdns.google/A'

As this is logged at "info" level, I presume it doesn't do any harm, but
has anyone run into this with this particular Google domain ?  I have
seen it over a number of weeks.

Thanks,

- J