Adaptation response ton ANY queries

avanpevenaeyge avanpevenaeyge at outlook.fr
Fri Nov 3 08:02:02 UTC 2023

Hello, I'm a student in the Master in Cybersecurity organized by the Free University of Brussels. As part of my Master's thesis, I have to implement a DNS amplification scenario within a Cyber Range. Before doing so, I need to measure the amplification rate for each DNS request. However, I know that BIND is designed to respond to ANY requests via TCP for security reasons. So my question is: how can I make my BIND9 server respond to ANY queries via UDP and not TCP for the purposes of my thesis?
Thank you in advance for your reply.