Documentation on readthedocs - links to older releases return 404 errors

Petr Špaček pspacek at isc.org
Wed May 31 16:25:31 UTC 2023

On 31. 05. 23 18:08, E R wrote:
> If you visit https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9.18.15/
> <https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9.18.15/> you will see a menu in the
> lower left corner where you can select older releases of the bind ARM
> manual.  But those links do not work and return a 404.  Should those
> links work?  Or do they need to be removed?

The links from the menu I tried at random work for me. Which particular
version is giving you trouble?

> In my case I visited https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01031
> <https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01031> which pointed me to the right
> location to get a PDF copy of other releases and pointed me to the
> sources location where I can get the PDF that matches my distribution's
> version.

While reading you message I realized that we messed it up and old links
with underscore (e.g. v9_18_10 as opposed to v9.18.10) indeed do not work.

I'll see if we can restore the old links, but I cannot promise any
specific timeline.

--
Petr Špaček