git branches v9_18 vs bind-9.18

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Tue May 30 08:54:12 UTC 2023

Dear All,

looking at https://github.com/isc-projects/bind9 I see there are several branches. For example there is v9_18 and there is also bind-9.18
I am asking what is the difference ?   When I checkout 'origin/v9_18‘  I get 9.18.14-dev and for'origin/bind-9.18’ I get 9.18.16-dev
So in both cases a development release.  Why ever ?
Looking at GitHub both are active branches. Can someone point me to link describing the intention for both branches ?
Many thanks in advance.

// Hans

--

Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Hans Mayer
Systems Analyst

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1
A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: +43 2236 807 Ext 215
Mobile: +43 676 83 807 215
Web: http://www.iiasa.ac.at
E-Mail: hans.mayer at iiasa.at<mailto:hans.mayer at iiasa.at>

Note: If there is a disclaimer or other legal boilerplate in the above message, it is NULL AND VOID.  You may ignore it.