host restriction

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Tue May 16 01:35:00 UTC 2023

Zoltan,

There may be another way to make this work but this is what comes to my mine:  acl’s in a view.

https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00851

# named.conf
acl google-is-good { 192.168.7.0/24; localhost; };
acl google-is-evil   { 192.168.8.0/24; };

view google-good {
match-clients { google-is-good; };
allow-recursion { any; };
forwarders {
            8.8.8.8;
    };
};

view google-evil {
match-clients { google-is-evil; };
allow-recursion { any; };
};

You *might* be able to whack the acl down to like a /28 or a /29 while keeping your DHCP scope at a /24.  This will allow you to perform view testing without needing to rip n replace DHCP configs.

John