rpz_rewrite(): failure

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:31:27 UTC 2023

Hi Wilfred,

You might want to consider updating your BIND server.  The latest
9.18.x is 9.18.14.  There have been many fixes between 9.18.2 and
9.18.14 as can be seen here:
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9.18.14/notes.html  Also, when
testing, you may want to consider using dig as it provides far more
detail.  nslookup usage is no longer recommended as it has been
deprecated.

As to this specific issue, I'm not sure.  You might get more help from
others, however, if you share your configuration.  You can get a
configuration scrubbed of keys using `named-checkconf -px`

Thank you,

Darren Ankney