one authoritative name server and each domain requires ns1.thisdomain.com

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu May 4 22:10:10 UTC 2023

Please name the TLDs that have this stupid policy. The whole point of having NS records that are names rather than addresses in to allow one to change the address of a name server  by updating a single record and perhaps a couple of glue records in the parent domains of that name.  Requiring that all zones have servers that live within the zone defeats that.  I suspect you have misunderstood something.  Forcing people to update millions of records to change an address is nonsensical.
--
Mark Andrews