Bind dns amplification attack

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Mar 28 16:48:29 UTC 2023

On 28.03.23 10:16, Grant Taylor via bind-users wrote:
>I used to think the same thing.
>
>Then I learned that I needed to also add similar configuration for
>`allow-query {...};` and `allow-query-cache {...};`

allow-query-cache defaults to content of allow-recursion if only the latter
is defined.

allow-query is safe to configure if nobody is supposed to query your server
from outside - e.g.  your server does not provide authoritative zones for
use from internet.

If your server has authroritative zones for internal use, yes, in such case
allow-query is good idea.

I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.