PPA for Raspbian distros

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 25 02:36:59 UTC 2023

Greetings.

Per chance, is there a repo of pre-built bind code for the Raspberry Pi platform? I tried using the PPA specified at https://launchpad.net/~isc/+archive/ubuntu/bind but it didn't support the release on my DNS server host (buster). I received the error

Ign:2 https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/isc/bind/ubuntu buster InRelease
Err:3 https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/isc/bind/ubuntu buster Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 185.125.190.52 443]
Hit:4 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/isc/bind/ubuntu buster Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

If I have to compile from source, so be it, but it would be far more convenient to get a binary build from the authority.

Andrew Pavlin