How to use update-policy type "external"

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Tue Mar 14 16:06:58 UTC 2023

I haven't used this personally, but in the system tests, this works:

	update-policy {
		grant Administrator at EXAMPLE.NIL wildcard * A AAAA SRV CNAME;
		grant testdenied at EXAMPLE.NIL wildcard * TXT;
		grant "local:/tmp/auth.sock" external * CNAME;
	};

e.g. you need to quote the path.

The documentation is silent on NAME field, but I would suggest using either * or . as placeholder.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.