Bind listener to an IPv6 from AnyIP subnet

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:00:18 UTC 2023

Hi Serg.
Can you post the output of "named -V" please?
You're looking for "--disable-linux-caps", which you don't want.

I'm not sure how (if) BIND interacts with AnyIP, but it should pick up new
interfaces as they are added, *if* it is built with the necessary
capabilities enabled. 'named' starts as root, but immediately drops to a
lower-priviliged user, which can prevent it from discovering new addresses
unless it has the necessary linux-caps.

Cheers, Greg