Possibility of using views to properly return appropriate IP address for hostname based on requestor subnet?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jun 29 15:27:11 UTC 2023

On 6/29/23 6:44 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> bind has "sortlist" statement that could do what you want. It will
> provide all IPs but sorted differently.

+1 to "sortlist".  I couldn't remember the exact nomenclature nor how it
was used.

> Otherwise, you can set up multiple views with different versions of the
> same zone, configured to provide different verision according to source IP.
> This is much harder to set up.

One thing that I was concerned with in Ubence's original message is I
wasn't entirely clear if search domains were coming into play, and if
so, what the possible domains were.  This could also be a contributing
complication.

Grant. . . .