replace "SERVFAIL" to "NXDOMAIN" with rpz

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Sat Jun 17 04:40:11 UTC 2023

Admittedly, since I'm writing software to do "off label" stuff with DNS I
make mistakes. But I have seen things along this line (interactions
between RPZ and regular resolution in the context of "broken" domains): in
some cases it has seemed impossible to ameliorate / mitigate SERVFAIL
utilizing RPZ.

I'll try to pay more attention and see if I can isolate a test case if the
problem recurs. (I was kind of hoping someone would have a solution!)

--

Fred Morris