zone <string> [ <class> ]

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 16:54:29 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm fairly certain that the content of string is a valid DNS zone.
So, whatever is allowed by RFC 1034 is allowed there.  I'm not sure
BIND will emit an error, however, as I don't think it enforces any
domain label rules.  The zone may not work, however, if it is
incorrectly named.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney