Unable to upgrade BIND v9.19.11 on Ubuntu without error

Richard T.A. Neal richard at richardneal.com
Tue Jul 11 08:05:38 UTC 2023

Hi Darren,

Thank you, that's fixed it. I'm not sure why I didn't spot that blindingly obvious error message pointing me to the exact line in my logging configuration file! I've REM'd out that line (prefixed with '//') and the upgrade progressed successfully. Obviously something's changed in 9.19.12 and up.

For info the source of my logging file is this, and it's what I've been using for quite a few years now. But I don't actively review that specific log file so I haven't lost anything by removing that statement.

https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01526

It was indeed this line that caused all the problems, REM'ing it out has fixed it:

category delegation-only { auth_servers_log; default_debug; };

Thanks again for your help Darren,

Richard.