filter-a and dns64 in a ipv6-only network

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Jan 30 22:12:53 UTC 2023

Do you want a correctly operating DNS64 server or do you want to filter
all A records?  They are mutually exclusive requirements.  Please read
RFC 6147 to understand why they are mutually exclusive.

IPv6-only means that the IP packets being sent and received are only IPv6
packets for the thing (node, network) that is being described as IPv6-only.

You seem to have this strange notion that to run an IPv6-only node or
network that you need to filter out A records. Could you tell me who or
what told you this was required?

Mark