Converting between zone file formats

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Mon Jan 30 10:11:03 UTC 2023

> Named-checkzone and named-compilezone are the same executable.
> Named-checkzone looks up remote records to more completely
> detect configuration errors.  See the man page for details.

Thanks for the hint, I apparently need to complicate my script
even more to avoid the network lookups.

You didn't answer, though, whether the 9.16 named-checkzone will
be able to read & correctly interpret the binary zone files 9.18
stores in the file system, or whether there is some other and
more preferable way to accomplish what I want, either with 9.18
itself or otherwise.

Regards,

- Håvard