DNSSEC With Primary Hidden - Clarifying Question from Documentation

E R fasteddieinaustin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:28:57 UTC 2023

I am planning on implementing the current version of BIND to replace the
aging, undocumented authoritative servers I inherited.  I want to hide the
primary server on our internal network and have two secondary servers be
publicly available.  While reading the DNSSEC Guide
<https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/dnssec-guide.html#recipes> recipes
it seems to imply that I cannot have a hidden primary that handles all the
DNSSEC stuff.

Does the primary server that handles the DNSSEC duties not be hidden?  Or
were they just illustrating that you do not need to touch your hidden
primary server and just add one that does the DNSSEC duties?