Email migration and MX records

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Fri Jan 6 21:19:37 UTC 2023

No one realistically has a choice about dealing with either for email.

In any case, we found a vastly simpler way of doing this; our cloud email security/anti-spam provider (Barracuda) can spool mail for delivery if our systems go offline for up to 96 hours, so we’re setting them to not deliver tonight, doing the migration, changing our MX Records after to let the outside  know where its supposed to send us email and then changing the delivery address we have on Barracuda to the new one, and the mail should flow in.

In theory! :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.