Deprecation notice for BIND 9.18: Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) support

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 00:53:19 UTC 2023

Just for 100% clarity, DSCP is setting bits in the IP header for IP packet
forwarding QOS purposes..
My personal feelings, coming from a networking standpoint, is that if you
want DSCP, for example on Linux you can mangle the packets with iptables on
their way in/out of a server possibly easier than getting any random
service to do it for you.

Mike