managed-keys vs trust-anchors

Bob McDonald bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:33:46 UTC 2023

I've upgraded to bind 9.16.36.

I went to the ISC site and picked up the bind.keys file.

However, it is intended for use in bind 9.11 and contains the managed-keys
clause. This throws an error in the syslog messages during startup. It
appears to still function correctly.

In the ARM for bind 9.16 it states that managed-keys clause is deprecated.
Replacing the managed-keys clause with the trust-anchors clause seems to
fix the issue. In the file itself it states the following:

# This file is NOT expected to be user-configured.

Perhaps I've missed something. If not, the documentation needs to be a bit
more clear on this. Would it be helpful to have a version of the bind.keys
file for bind 9.16 and above?

Regards,

Bob