Changing DNS servers (name only) for a DNSSEC enabled domain

Crist Clark cjc+bind-users at pumpky.net
Mon Feb 13 23:49:44 UTC 2023

What new DS record? The KSKs aren’t changing, are they? Why would they?

All that is changing is the NS RRset (and maybe SOA if you’re changing the
MNAME).

If the NS glue in the parent doesn’t agree with the canonical NS RRset in
the child, this is not a DNSSEC fail. This is as easy as changing any other
records in the zone.

I think all of these complications arise if you are not only changing NS
servers, but also changing registrars. I think that may be the implicit
assumption. That was not mentioned as part of this change.