[KASP] Key rollover

adrien sipasseuth sipasseuth.adrien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:39:22 UTC 2023

Hi,

"You configure parental agents and named will check which DS’s are
published.  Named won’t complete the
roll until it knows the new DS is published."
=> what is parental agent ? i don't find this term in Bind documentation.
>From what I understand, you have to specify to Bind that the new DS is
published with the command: rndc dnssec -checkds -key <id new ksk>
published <my-zone>

"If it was me, I'd set the KSK to not roll-over automatically, and
instead create a recurring reminder for yourself to initiate the KSK
roll-over manually? That way you'd never get caught out with a KSK
roll-over happening when you weren't prepared for it? "
=> I don't know if I can get a policy for ZSK and a manual method for KSK.
>From what I understand if I want to use a policy I have to remove
"auto-dnssec maintain;" which is necessary for the manual method right?

In the meantime, I wonder if I can't stay on the manual method even with a
bind 9.18? I read that the auto-dnssec directive might disappear in favor
of dnssec-policy. Does that mean that it might not be possible to do it
manually anymore? source here =>
https://kb.isc.org/v1/docs/dnssec-key-and-signing-policy

Regards,
Adrien