Deprecation notice for BIND 9: "resolver-nonbackoff-tries", "resolver-retry-interval"

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Dec 6 20:06:25 UTC 2023

Hello,

In line with ISC's deprecation policy, I am notifying the mailing list
of our intent to deprecate the "resolver-nonbackoff-tries" and
"resolver-retry-interval" options in named.

These options fine-tune query retry behavior in the resolver for testing
purposes. They are not thought to be useful in a production environment,
and we know of no operators using them. (Please let us know if this is
incorrect!)

Our plan is to mark these options as deprecated in BIND 9.16 and 9.18,
and to remove them as of BIND 9.20.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.